Simon is the founder, Chairman and Principal Financial Adviser of the SWU Group. Simon had a dream of being a steward of a family’s financial well-being and by offering them services to guide them to financial success. Simon also realised that financial success is different for each family and hence the tailored approach to each family is what the SWU Group is founded upon. Simon has over 35 years’ experience in the financial services industry including accounting, investment banking, financial advice, private equity and funds management.
Simon is the host of his own bi-weekly show aptly named “Simon Wu’s Economic Pulse” on the 2CR China Radio Network for over 20 years; which has an audience of over 100,000 listeners. Simon is also the Chairman of CPA Australia’s largest discussion group, the Sydney Professional Accountants Group (SPAG), which has over 100 members. He is also the founding Chairman of Premium Wealth Management, a dealer group he created in 2000 which manages over 2.5bn in assets.
Simon is authorised by AUPFS under its Australian Financial Services Licence to provide financial advice. His ASIC authorisation number is 255786.
Since 2014, Simon is the Host of “Money and You”, a program screening weekly on TVB Australia discussing financial issues and strategies for all Australians. This program has a weekly audience of over 100,000.
Simon’s focus is on co-investment and co-strategy philosophy he has with his clients because he understands trust is built upon alignment of interest and if the investment or strategy is good enough for Simon and his family, only then would he recommend it to his clients.
Simon’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts degree (majoring in Accounting and Finance) from Macquarie University
- Bachelors of Legal Studies from Macquarie University
- Masters of Business Administration (University of Sydney)
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) with specialist certification in Financial Planning (FPS)
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) with specialist certification in SMSF (SMSF Specialist)
- CPA Australia Quality Assurance Reviewer
- Diploma of Financial Planning (DFP)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Fellow of the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FFPA)
- Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Senior Associate of FINSIA
- Justice of the Peace (NSW)