SENIOR FINANCIAL ADVISER
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Jonathan is one of the key financial advisers within the business and also manages the SWU Multi Family Offices operations on a day to day basis overseeing the accounting, financial advice, credit advisory and estate planning divisions. Jonathan has over 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry covering accounting, financial advice, credit and funds management. Jonathan also contributes articles to Money Management, as well as being a frequent presenter on the 2CR China Radio Network since 2007; which has over 100,000 listeners.
Jonathan forms part of the management committee of CPA Australia’s largest discussion group, Sydney Professional Accountants Group (SPAG), which has over 100 members. He also serves as the Chairman for the Hong Kong Australian Business Association’s (HKABA) subcommittee – the Young Professionals Alliance (YPA). The YPA helps build up young professionals with business links between Hong Kong/Greater China and Australia.
Since 2014, Jonathan is the Co-Host of Money and You, a new program screening weekly on TVB Australia discussing financial issues and strategies for all Australians. This program has a weekly audience of over 100,000.
Jonathan’s focus is on the service he provides to his clients because he understands the important fiduciary duty he has in looking after and guiding a family to financial success and that his client’s reliance on his expertise is a true reflection of the trust they place in him.
Jonathan is authorised by AUPFS under its Australian Financial Services Licence to provide financial advice. His ASIC authorisation number is 328483.
Jonathan’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Sydney majoring in both accounting and commercial law (B.Com)
- Global Executive MBA (University of Sydney)
- Diploma of Financial Services in Financial Planning.
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) with specialist certification in Financial Planning (FPS)
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) with specialist certification in SMSF (SMSF Specialist)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Associate Financial Planner status with the Financial Planning Association of Australia.
- Associate Chartered Financial Practitioner (AChFP) with the Association of Financial Advisers.
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
- Justice of the Peace (NSW)
Due to Jonathan’s significant contribution to the industry, he is the recipient of numerous awards:
- 2011 – Business Development Manager of the Year (NSW/ACT) – Money Management
- 2013 – Young Achiever of the Year (Australia) – Money Management Diploma of Financial Services in Financial Planning.
- 2014 – Excellence in Education Award (NSW) – Association of Financial Advisers
- 2014 – Excellence in Education Award (National Finalist) – Association of Financial Advisers
- 2014 – Young Professional of the Year (NSW) – HKABA (NSW)
- 2015 – Young Professional of the Year (National Finalist) – HKABA
- 2015 – Young Manager Finalist of the Year 2015 (NSW) – Australian Institute of Management